Last updated October 17, 2019.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We receive or collect various personal data and non-personal data when you install and use the App.
· Account Credentials. To use the App, you must create an account. When you create an account, we require you to provide your mobile phone number or your Instagram handle. Once you create an account, we require you to provide your first name, email address, and preferred pronoun(s), as well as to select a username and password. You can also choose to link your App account with your Instagram account.
· Your Location. When you create an account, we require you to share your location with us through the App. We use your location to determine your distance from other users and to help you find personals and missed connections in your area.
· Your Posts. If you post a personal or missed connection, we will display it in the App for 30 days. Do not post any personal data that you do not want other users to see. Posts expire after 30 days. Once a post expires, it will not be shown to other users of the App. You can view your expired posts in your profile, and you can choose to delete expired posts from your profile.
· Your Messages. When you send a message to other users of the App, we may retain the message as necessary under applicable law.
· Customer Support. You may provide us with information related to your use of the App. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to the performance of the App or other issues.
· Device and Connection Information. When you install, access, or use the App, we collect information about your mobile device, such as hardware model, operating system information, IP address, mobile network information, and device identifiers. We collect device location information if you use our location features and for diagnostic and troubleshooting purposes such as if you are having trouble with the App’s location features.
· Usage Logs. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This may include information about your use of the App, log files, performance logs, and diagnostic reports.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use personal data that we collect in the following ways:
· We use your username and/or Instagram handle identify you as a user in the App.
· To provide, update, support, and improve the App.
· To communicate with you. If you contact us, we may use your contact information to respond. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in the App, our product offerings, and important App-related notices, such as security and fraud notices.
· If you provide your location, we use it to identify your area in the App and to find personals and missed connections in your area.
· To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
· As otherwise required by applicable law or legal process.
We do NOT use your email address to sign you up for any mailing lists or marketing lists. We do NOT provide your personal data to any third parties for direct marketing and we do NOT sell your personal data to any third parties.
We may use information that is aggregated or de-identified so that it is no longer reasonably associated with an identifiable natural person for any legitimate business purpose.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We contract with certain third-party service providers in order to operate and provide features through the App. Those service providers may need access to your information, including personal data, to perform fulfillment and other services. We undertake to provide only that portion of your information needed to perform the pertinent service, and we require that all of our service providers hold your information in confidence and use it only to provide the service for which they have been engaged.
You can find information about these service providers’ privacy policies and practices at the following URLs:
We do NOT provide your contact information to third-party marketers without your permission.
We may share your information when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation or by applicable law, rule or regulation, to verify or enforce compliance with our terms of service and any other policies governing the App, or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the App. We also may disclose information whenever we believe disclosure is necessary to limit our legal liability; to protect or defend our rights or property; or protect the safety, rights, or property of our users or other third parties.
In the event of a merger, consolidation, or other corporate reorganization in which we participate or a sale of all or substantially all of our stock and/or assets, we may transfer your personal data to the successor entity or purchaser.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
We may provide links to websites, software, or services owned or operated by third parties (“Third-Party Content”). We are providing these links to you as a convenience, and we do not verify, make any representations, or take any responsibility for such Third-Party Content, including, without limitation, the truthfulness, accuracy, quality, or completeness of the content, products, services, or information provided therein. The Third-Party Content may be subject to different privacy policies and business practices than the App. Your dealings and communications through the App with any party other than us are solely between you and such third party.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION
The internet is a global environment. Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. By using the App and/or communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of your information in this manner, and agree to be bound by all applicable privacy laws.
We use a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data. However, no method of electronic storage or method of transmission over the internet or phone lines is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the protection of any information against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, or that any information may not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others. Consequently, when you transmit your personal data to us, you do so at your own risk.
If you create an account via the App, your account information will be password-protected. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your username and password, as well as to your smartphone or other mobile device. We request that you not communicate any confidential or sensitive information to us through email, social media, or any other means.
If we learn of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the App or providing personal data to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security and privacy issues related to the App. We will endeavor to provide notice to you of any security systems breach and efforts to restore the integrity of the App in accordance with applicable law. If you become aware of any breach of data security or have any other questions about the security of the App, please contact us at email@example.com.
The security of personal data also depends in part on the security of the smartphone or mobile device you use to communicate with us, the security you use to protect usernames and passwords, and the security provided by your internet service provider or mobile carrier. We are not responsible for the security of your internet service provider or mobile carrier.
The App is intended only for users 18 years of age or older (or 21 years of age or older in places where 18 is not the age of majority). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of majority. If we learn that a minor has provided personal data, we will comply with the Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act (“COPPA”) to delete the information.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS